Boom, Snap, Clap
A percussion khel
- Boom – one open pat near left shoulder (right shoulder for left-handed people)
- Snap – regular snap with right or left hand
- Clap – regular clap
- BuhBoom – one quick short Boom quickly followed by another Boom
Mix Beats to make tunes
- Says beats like Boom-Snap-Clap-BuhBoom, Boom-Snap-Clap-BuhBoom,
Boom-Clap while doing these actions along.
- See that everyone is saying and doing in the right way
- Make more beats as above by mixing notes
- See that everyone “gets it” and can follow both beat sound and action
- Now deliberately do wrong action for the beat note and see what action everyone is doing (like Doctor ji, Neta ji, Gandhi ji, Guru ji khel)
- Whoever does the wrong action is “out”
- Let someone else be the shikshak/leader
- Replace Boom with Jai, Snap with Shree and Clap with Ram
- Now tune can be – Jai Shree Ram, Jai Shree Ram, Shree Ram Shree Ram Jai Jai Jai.
Note: Exercise files like Audio, Video or PDF for this resource item will be available if uploaded.