kaaka ceshta bako dhyanam
काक चेष्टा, बको ध्यानं
काक चेष्टा बको ध्यानं
स्वान निद्रा तथैव च ।
विद्यार्थी पंच लक्षणं ।।
kāka cēṣṭā bakō dhyānaṁ
svāna nidrā tathaiva ca ।
vidyārthī paṁca lakṣaṇaṁ ।।
Five qualities of an intelligent student:
1. Perseverance (efforts and practice) like a crow.
2. Concentration on the work like a crane.
3. Take alert naps (sleep) like a dog.
4. Simple and balanced diet.
5. Give up comforts of a home.
1. Perseverance (efforts and practice) like a crow. Remember the story of a crow trying to drink water from a pot by placing pieces of stones one by one until the water raises to beak level. Crow was persistent in putting the effort repetitively until the goal is achieved.
2. Concentration on the work like a crane who stand still silently to catch fish like a good observer.
3. Light sleeper like a dog that jumps into action/work as necessary and always alert.
4. Simple and balanced diet that keeps good health and does not bring tiredness.
5. Give up comforts of a home i.e. stay away from comfort zone or homely comfort.
Note: Exercise files like Audio, Video or PDF for this resource item will be available if uploaded.