There are many Paadh (foot) application techniques (kicks) used in Niyuddha. All are applied from prayog siddha. Let us learn about very kick Urdhwa (front up) kick.
- Bring the back leg forward lifting your knee so it is high above the knee of your standing leg.
- Twist your standing leg so your foot is pointing outwards.
- Snap your leg out hitting with either the base of your foot or its outside edge.
- Bring it back in the same way.
- Aim towards the surya chakra and if you can, under the chin or nose.
- Keep your arm up as a guard at all times.
(Watch the video in “Excercise (Audio/Video/Document tab)“
Note: Exercise files like Audio, Video or PDF for this resource item will be available if uploaded.