There are many Paadh (foot) application techniques (kicks) used in Niyuddha. All are applied from prayog siddha. Let us learn about very kick Urdhwa (front up) kick.
- Raise the back leg from Prayog Siddha in front of you with the knee bent at 90 degrees.
- Snap the foot out with your toes pulled back so you are kicking with the ball of your foot.
- Bring the leg back in front of you with your knee bent at 90 degrees.
- Place it back into Prayog Siddha.
- Keep your arm up as a guard at all times.
- Remember to twist your body into the kick to achieve greater distance and more power.
- Aim to surya chakra.
- Do not bend backwards as you will lose balance.
(Watch the video in “Excercise (Audio/Video/Document tab)“
Note: Exercise files like Audio, Video or PDF for this resource item will be available if uploaded.